Re: [opensuse-translation] zypper in openSUSE using SLED translations instead of openSUSE ones
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:14:09 +0100
Fredag 27 februar 2009 10:58:03 skrev Wadim Dziedzic:
Another thing is that SLE does not supports all languages that
openSUSE supports - when an SLE-not-supported language is merged back
into openSUSE, then this is a simple step backward, because all fixes
since october are overwritten with old version.

Surely this doesn't occur, or? Here I was feeling relieved that Danish wasn't
among the SLE-languages this time around.

Either way, I think this whole mess again underlines how bad an idea the
concurrent development of SLE and openSUSE was. Hopefully whoever is
responsible has learnt from this mistake and will plan better for SLE12.

It must be possible to produce and release SLE without screwing over openSUSE
in a major way in the process - even if history implies otherwise.