[opensuse-translation] Merging lcn files
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:19:50 +0100
Maybe, you already noticed that there were activities in the lcn part of
the suse-i18n SVN repository.

Last week I asked the program maintainers to update or remove their POT
files as appropriate. Some of them already took a look. I added the
--previous option to the msgmerge command and would like to give it a
try. Tomorrow I'd like to do a full merge--please, report any problem.

For those who are new or not that familiar with the gettext tools: The
--previous option was discussed some months ago. If a fuzzy match
occurs, the previous msgid is preserved in a special comment (#|) and
some tools (or is it lokalize only?) can make use of this special
comment. This way you can quickly see what actually has changed in a
msgid and updating a longish translation is not that cumbersome.

Anyway, if you have changes pending, please commit them within the next
12 hours. If this is not possible, I'll run an additional merge
tomorrow in the evening (CET).

R&D / Documentation