Re: [opensuse-translation] Adding a new language
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 09:32:14 +0100
├Âmer ensari <oensari@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I wish to translate OpenSuse to my native language.

Language name: Kurdish (ku) - Kurmaji dialect
My name: Omer Ensari
My Novell login: http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/User:Omerensari
Contact: oensari@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the offer; you now have commit rights as Omerensari. I just
initialized the yast files at
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/suse-i18n/trunk/yast/ku/po -- these are
still in the 11.1 state, but it is probably save to start working on
files such as base.ku.po or installation.ku.po. Once two or three files
are available, we start testing what additionally needs to be done to
support Kurdish on openSUSE properly.

Adding "ku" to the statistics page would be one of the next steps.

R&D / Documentation