[opensuse-translation] YaST help - do we need it?
  • From: "Wadim Dziedzic" <wdziedzic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 18:01:53 +0100
Hello,

I have a little provocative question. Do You (developers, maintaners
and translators) think that we need help texts in Yast?

Do You think that sentences like:
"<b>FS Type</b> shows the file system type."
delete the NNNN."

will really help the user? ;-)
Unfortunately big part of Yast help looks like this...
I personally see it as a lot of work for maintaining and translating,
but in the end it brings not much...

Is it maybe a rule, that every UI element needs some description or something?

What do You think?

regards,
Wadim