Re: [opensuse-translation] Please have respect and stop merging any day.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:57:53 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2008-11-22 at 13:42 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:

I'm not sure where the hurry part comes from actually. Karl's message was
most likely misunderstood, he just wanted to know which teams are not finished
on friday and which are - because seriously: many translators translate the
moment the file is merged, no idea how they do it. It may have to do with
time zones.

Probably missunderstood. He posted at half past eight saying he'd like the translation by 13:00, or else drop a line - I read the notice well after that hour.

As it is, some of the files in my languages have not been done yet, the translators have not even noticed. I might have to take over if they don't notice.

And Scott explained the reason why there is no way around his last minute
change pretty technically. And believe me, we will not release 11.1 without
you have a day or more for translating such last minute things. Otherwise
we'd move such a fix to an online update.

I understand that, I have no complains with those things - but you also have to be aware that we can't hurry up much.

Beside that, I'm aware that not all developers are taking the same
responsiblity as Scott has shown and I'm very sorry for that. I'm
constantly trying to educate those, but some are just deaf when it comes
to such issues - they live in a "'code' is english" world ;(

I know. There is progress, but... when I developped I did for one language only, so I understand.

Greetings, Stephan
P.S. I'll merge the pot file of gnome-packagekit now.

I see it, thanks. I'll forward info to afected translator.

- -- Cheers,