Re: [opensuse-translation] Has anyone managed to download the beta DVD, to have a look at it?
  • From: Gudmund Areskoug <gudmundpublic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 22:01:34 +0100
Stephan Kulow skrev:
Am Donnerstag 06 November 2008 schrieb Gudmund Areskoug:
Hi,

I'm trying to download the latest beta DVD, so I can have a look at it
for real.

It's only available as a torrent, not over FTP or HTTP, and moves...
well, not at all. Zero progress.

Try here:
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/11.1-Beta4/iso/dvd/

And check your firewall setup - torrents don't like firewalls ;)

It usually shouts (it did, I took appropriate actions) when such things
happen. It looks like it's my using G3 Torrent as a portable app (have
to work in Windows ATM, unfortunately) that makes it somehow loose its
orientation a bit.

When I had a look on the corresponding drive, it seemed to have made a
subdir with the iso's name and stored it there. Now it's up to 4,10 GB
(4 411 119 616 byte) according to W2K, so I may already have it all, but
I can't find an MD5 for checking it. G3 still seems to say I've only
downloaded 111+ MB.

Danke Stephan, Dakujem Rasto :)

BR,
Gudmund