Re: [opensuse-translation] My kbabel does not spell check
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:59:35 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2008-09-25 at 15:18 +0200, Kálmán Kéménczy wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Because aspell is not handle Hungarian spell checking well, I use
hunspell with the following settings in kbabel.

Hungarian
UTF-8
International Ispell

Because hunspell works with myspell dictionaries I use the following packages:
hunspell-1.2.2.-15.1
myspell-hungarian 20080315-22.1

I have also us the following script:

/usr/local/bin/spell

#!/bin/bash
hunspell -d hu_HU -a

in the consle type ispell and the following message should appears:

International Ispell Version 3.2.06 (but really Hunspell 1.2.2)1.2.2 - Magyar

of course you have to change the settings to spanish in the script and
you have to install myspell-spanish package as well.
By the way Hunspell is the official spell checker in OOo and Firefox.

Hope it helps
kalman

Interesting...

I wonder... How could we add a dictionary client to the list of clients that kbabel offers? Currently it has "international ispell", aspell, hspell, and zemberek. If we could add a new one with arbitrary command line...

Maybe it needs hard-coding.

- -- Cheers,