Re: [opensuse-translation] Error in Committing file.
  • From: Khoem Sokhem <khoemsokhem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 09:32:51 +0700

On Monday 05 May 2008 9:15:24 am Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Monday 2008-05-05 at 08:16 +0700, Khoem Sokhem wrote:
I have problem in committing one file in LCN to sever.
I have checked syntax and it says" 1 fatal error"
But the file seems no problem with the translations.

I attach the error in kbabel and the file called "gnome-packagekit.km.po"

any body has problem the same me?

You have to read the error carefully, and if in doubt, replay the command
that kbabel says it is executing: msgfmt.

Watch:

cer@nimrodel:~> msgfmt --check --stat gnome-packagekit.km.po
gnome-packagekit.km.po:1593: 'msgstr[0]' is not a valid C format string,
unlike 'msgid'. Reason: In the directive number 1, the character ' ' is not
a valid conversion specifier. msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
477 translated messages.

There it is. There is a syntax error in line 1593 of the file. You open
now the file with something else, like "less gnome-packagekit.km.po", and
go to that line. Lets see:
Thank you very much!
Now this can help me.
#: ../src/gpk-common.c:1396
#, c-format
msgid "%i minute"
msgid_plural "%i minutes"
msgstr[0] " %i នាទី"

It appears you forgot to translate the plural. Look at the Spanish
version, for instance:

#: ../src/gpk-common.c:1396
#, c-format
msgid "%i minute"
msgid_plural "%i minutes"
msgstr[0] "%i minuto"
msgstr[1] "%i minutos" <============== missing in yours.
For Khmer no plural form, the plural form for Khmer is 1.