Re: [opensuse-translation] Error in Committing file.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 04:15:24 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2008-05-05 at 08:16 +0700, Khoem Sokhem wrote:

I have problem in committing one file in LCN to sever.
I have checked syntax and it says" 1 fatal error"
But the file seems no problem with the translations.

I attach the error in kbabel and the file called "gnome-packagekit.km.po"

any body has problem the same me?

You have to read the error carefully, and if in doubt, replay the command that kbabel says it is executing: msgfmt.

Watch:

cer@nimrodel:~> msgfmt --check --stat gnome-packagekit.km.po
gnome-packagekit.km.po:1593: 'msgstr[0]' is not a valid C format string, unlike
'msgid'. Reason: In the directive number 1, the character ' ' is not a valid
conversion specifier.
msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
477 translated messages.

There it is. There is a syntax error in line 1593 of the file. You open now the file with something else, like "less gnome-packagekit.km.po", and go to that line. Lets see:

#: ../src/gpk-common.c:1396
#, c-format
msgid "%i minute"
msgid_plural "%i minutes"
msgstr[0] " %i នាទី"

It appears you forgot to translate the plural. Look at the Spanish version, for instance:

#: ../src/gpk-common.c:1396
#, c-format
msgid "%i minute"
msgid_plural "%i minutes"