Re: [opensuse-translation] deadline of translations to be included in Beta1
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:08:26 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2008-04-15 at 16:20 +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

Andreas Jaeger <> writes:

"Carlos E. R." <> writes:

So, the next round starts on Apr 21, Monday. The release is Thu, Apr 24.
When do we have to submit our translations? If it is two days before,
that means on Tuesday. Ie, we have only one day of translating!

This looks indeed broken. Coolo, Karl, could you clarify this, please?

I think the "Apr 21, Monday" date:

* Milestone: All packages submitted latest POT file into SVN
* 12:00 CEST: Developers to check in the POTs for the 2nd cycle of
software translation

Matches:

Fri, May 02 openSUSE 11.0 Beta 2 release

* Note: May 1st is public holiday in most of europe
* Milestone: Fully localized build

So this amounts to nearly a week: On Monday, 28th there is the deadline
for package submissions for Beta2. That's ambitious, though, and I
rather suspect Beta 3 to be fully localized.

Ah, ok, that's better. From 21th till 28th. Then I missread the roadmap, I guess... but even reading it several times I have problems understanding dates for each thing: they depend on your organizational method.

So, is there any other date translators should be aware of? What do we do from April 28th till Jum 19th, what's our timetable?

- -- Cheers,