Re: [opensuse-translation] deadline of translations to be included in Beta1
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:48:58 +0200
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

The Tuesday 2008-04-15 at 10:58 +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

¡ElCheVive! <> writes:

When is the deadline for us to commit the translations to SVN to get it
ready in Beta1?

This deadline passed yesterday.

I understood it was tomorrow, as per
<http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2008-04/msg00004.html>:

] First translation round lasts till 16th April,
] at 17th April we should have a first localized build for OS 11.0 Beta 1,
] you can take a look at the roadmap[0] for more details.

Or the Roadmap/11.0 (<http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap/11.0>):

That Roadmap misses one critical information: Check-in Deadline.

Tue, Apr 1 First translation round

* Milestone: All packages submitted latest POT file into SVN

Mon, Apr 7 Component freeze for beta1, crypto freeze

* Milestone: We have settled for a KDE branch to go for
* Milestone: Feature and version freeze for the base system
* Milestone: Kernel and install works on most targeted machines.
* Milestone: Packages containing cryptographic routines are frozen (ECR)
* Preliminary Authoring Deadline for localized doc files (ADL loc
prelim)

Thu, Apr 17 openSUSE 11.0 Beta 1 release

* Milestone: installation workflow is feature frozen
* Proofreading of all software starts so that we have a new baseline.
* Milestone: Feature and version freeze for the complete distribution
(exception: patchlevel update of leaf packages until Beta1+)
* Milestone: First localized build

So, this is the date it will show up - but to build it, we need to check
the packages in first. For some core packages like glibc and gcc this
is the friday before - for the others it's the monday before.

So, deadline for package maintainers to checking for most - perhaps all
- packages is monday and they need some time on monday to prepare their
packages and include the translations.

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany