Re: [opensuse-translation] POAT - new upload function available
  • From: Gabriel <gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:14:35 -0300

Carlos E. R. escribió:
~ > Uh, oh...

| But this method is actually more work for the people submitting. If I'm
| to receive an email with files for me to upload, I prefer to receive
| them direct. If there are three people receiving, it may well be that
| the three go through the motion of submitting the same files.

Maybe.
As a user, you save time updating the file status, because this script
will do it for you. And you don't need to send the files to a specific
commiter.
As a commiter, you will receive a valid file (all the files you receive
are verified as well formed po files), and also save time updating again
the file status on the list.
I will implement a notification, so will be notified when the file is
commited by another user.

| No, if a submit robot is implemented it has to be fully automatic, so
| that the actual submission occurs in minutes, not depending on a human
| to do part of the job.

This have no sense. I a robot will commit the files automatic, just give
svn write access to the user, is the same thing.
For some teams, where the coordinator take the work of proofreading and
commiting, IHMO, this will help.

| The idea is to have less work, not more ;-)

I agree. But I can't figure how we could improve this step.

Regards.