Re: [opensuse-translation] Tools to help the translation teams
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:38:13 +0100
Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi and thanks for joining! I'm all for improvements.

It's a tool to let the team work in a more efficient way. Basically, it
lets people reserve a module for translation.

For larger teams that's surely interesting. Also the proofreading stage
is very important, but human resources could be the bottle-neck in this
area.

Whether pootle, transifex, and similar tools could be a help, surely
depends on those who actually translate all these strings. And do not
forget that for new tools we will need admins and maintainers.

OmegaT also seems to offer interesting feature: http://www.omegat.org/

Oh, and the goal would be to have those tools optional,
so translators can still use svn if they don't like Transifex.

At least for the moment, that would be very important.

R&D / Documentation