Re: [opensuse-translation] About shortcuts (yast)
  • From: Aman <apreet.alam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:00:22 +0530
Karl Eichwalder ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
In some modules it is possible to reuse button texts within the help
texts. The problem is to find a way to eliminate the shortcut
denominators such as "&Ok" or "&Cancel" (note the ampersand).

It is not that difficult with languages based on latin characters
(French, Czech, Dutch, etc.). But for Asian and other script based
languages we must work out special routines. Please, describe how you
use shortcuts in your language; if you do it the English way, there is
no need to send an e-mail, but if you use something such as follows
(ja):

#. Button label
#: library/modules/Label.ycp:57
msgid "&No"
msgstr "いいえ (&N)"

tell me about it.

for Punjabi, we are using like above, (keep
shortcut in English with () ).

regards
Amanpreet Singh Alam
Punjabi Team