Re: [opensuse-translation] OmegaT - Do we want to use it?
  • From: "Gabriel ." <gabriel.sgt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:01:50 -0200
On Jan 15, 2008 8:50 AM, Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Recently, a colleague of mine noticed "OmegaT - The free (GPL)
translation memory tool": http://www.omegat.org/en/omegat.html . Is
someone already familiar with this tool? Do you think it could improve
our processes?

Kbabel and poedit already have this capability, so I don't think it
could be really useful.
For the other hand, it seems it doesn't support .po files.

I found a review here (in spanish) http://www.proyectonave.es/docs/otros.php

In a few words:
1. It doesn't have filter for dtd files.
2. It doesn't support po files
3. It can't deal with accesskeys
4. It can't import a translation done with another application.

Although is very good with plain text files.

--
Kind Regards
Visitá/Go to >> http://www.opensuse.org