Re: [opensuse-translation] update-po problem
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 00:35:45 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2008-01-08 at 13:07 +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

... hundred of messages moved to another file here

#: NONE/end
msgctxt "2"
msgid "TASK FORCE - End Mark"
msgstr "Pasados a Camaleón"

I expect that the 'msgid' not being "real" would have no effect on
programs if this file was "compiled", am I right?

The order of the messages does not matter. So, once done you can
combine them using msgcat:

msgcat --use-first -o new.po part1.po part2.po update-desktop-files.es.po

This way translations provided by part1 or part2 win.

Ah! I'll try that next time, thanks. Although the markers help me not working on that section, too.

Your comments wont hurt neither. But as a translator you'd better use
simple translator comments, that's just a # without any following
character:

Ah, yes, I did that on purpose, but you are right.

# NONE/start
msgctxt "2"
msgid "TASK FORCE - Begin Mark"
msgstr "Pasados a Camaleón"