Re: [opensuse-translation] update-po problem
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:52:13 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2008-01-07 at 13:56 +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

How can that be? It can not be correct. But that is what the current .pot
file contains...

Both these variants are fine. The second version is the default (the
rationale is: vertical space is precious). The default is the output of
"msgcat" resp. of "msgcat -w 1000".

Ah, ok. No problem, then.

Another question. I have been handing out pieces of the large update-desktop-files.es.po file for review by other team member, cutting the text out with an editor, and in order to know where the piece had to come back when done, I marked the text thus inside the .po file:

#: NONE/start
msgctxt "2"
msgid "TASK FORCE - Begin Mark"
msgstr "Pasados a Camaleón"

... hundred of messages moved to another file here

#: NONE/end
msgctxt "2"
msgid "TASK FORCE - End Mark"
msgstr "Pasados a Camaleón"

I expect that the 'msgid' not being "real" would have no effect on programs if this file was "compiled", am I right?

In any case I have removed the markers, but I'd like to know in case one slips by.

- -- Cheers,

List Navigation