Re: [opensuse-translation] Translation
  • From: Mike FABIAN <mfabian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:09:27 +0100
Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> さんは書きました:

Mergen AGAYEV <mergenchik@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi.. I wanted to help with translation of Suse Linux
to my native language.
Information can be found below
Language: Turkmen (ISO 639-1 code: tk)
My Full Name: Mergen AGAYEV
My Novell login: mergenchik
My contact e-mail: mergenchik@xxxxxxxxx

Hello Mergen,

thanks for your interest! Before starting with the actual translation
work, we must make sure, that a suitable font for displaying Turkmen is
available for openSUSE. According to wikipedia a modified or extended
Latin alphabet is now in major use for the Turkmen language.
Mike, will you please check this issue?

According to fontconfig-2.4.2/fc-lang/tk.orth, Cyrillic letters are
required for Turkmen. Anyway, the Cyrillic letters fontconfig requires
for Turkmen are also already available in our "standard" font "DejaVu
Sans". And the Latin letters are certainly there as well.

I.e. I think we don’t need to do anything special for Turkmen
as far as fonts are concerned.

--
Mike FABIAN <mfabian@xxxxxxx> http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。