Re: [opensuse-translation] Translation
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:24:11 +0100
Mergen AGAYEV <mergenchik@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi.. I wanted to help with translation of Suse Linux
to my native language.
Information can be found below
Language: Turkmen (ISO 639-1 code: tk)
My Full Name: Mergen AGAYEV
My Novell login: mergenchik
My contact e-mail: mergenchik@xxxxxxxxx

Hello Mergen,

thanks for your interest! Before starting with the actual translation
work, we must make sure, that a suitable font for displaying Turkmen is
available for openSUSE. According to wikipedia a modified or extended
Latin alphabet is now in major use for the Turkmen language.
Mike, will you please check this issue?

Once we know it I will initialize the *.tk.po files and give you
commit permissions. Cheers,
Karl

R&D / Documentation