Re: [opensuse-translation] Error messages translation
  • From: "Ladislav Michnovič" <ladislav.michnovic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:57:49 +0200
2007/10/24, Stanciu-Lixandru Alec <stanciulixandru@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi there everyone!
Just a quick question: how do you cope with the translation of error messages
in /trunk/lcn in your language?

Can you give an explaining example, please?
I have no idea how is the translation loosing meaning in your language.
And I don't understand Romanian.
Regards Ladislav

For Romanian is very difficult as we lack the equivalents. If we try and
translate the error messages loose a great deal of meaning, leading to
confusion to the user.
What's your solution? Leave most part of the error messages in English (this
being the common language of IT), translating only the parts which would have
meaning OR trying to translate the whole error messages to the most accurate
meaning possible?