Re: [opensuse-translation] Re: Final Translation Cycle - Extended Deadline
  • From: "Anne Mc Cluskey" <amccluskey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 14:42:42 +0100
Yes, I have that from earlier Klara - but thanks for sending this on.

So - what I meant was, our *individual linguistic* style guides, ie we have one customised for each locale.

So within each of these, I am suggesting we add some translation examples so that translators are informed on what we prefer from the outset.
Of course, we can only recommend here....volunteers can choose whether they want/need to read these materials or not. But the feedback from the community so far is that they do like having access to this content.

I can follow up with you/Karl to progress this.

D*kuji
Anne

>>> Klara Cihlarova <cihlarov@xxxxxxx> 09/11/2006 13:17 >>>
>4) Do you have examples of any
> "preferred" messages?
> If so, you and I should follow up separately as I'd like to add these
> examples to our Language Style Guides for distribution. (We may even be
> able to incorporate some of these into iTerm for you!).

There is a YaST style guide at
http://forgeftp.novell.com/yast/doc/SL10.1/styleguide/index.html.

The KDE/GNOME specific applications should use messages prefered in the
KDE/GNOME project.
--
Klara