Re: [opensuse-translation] Vietnamese language support in OpenSuSE
  • From: "Phan Vinh Thinh" <teppi82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:21:28 +0400
Hi,

On 7/18/06, Klara Cihlarova <cihlarov@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wasn't at [opensuse-translation] and missed the start of discussion. So,
> what's the correct Vietnamese ASCII approximation?
>
> And what's correct UTF-8 string for Vietnamese? Is it
> "tiếng Việt" ?

Tiếng Việt
code: vi

Yes.

> I don't know about keymap file for console, maybe there is not any and we
> could just create a link to us.map.gz, like with khmer.map.gz. However,
> adding Marcus for SaX involvement.

I know only about:
http://fare.tunes.org/files/viet/vn-console-0.13.lsm

I'm not family to this, so can not say anything. I don't know and
don't use keymap file for console. I think, it is better if create a
link to us.map.gz.

> I cannot find anything under /usr/share/zoneinfo, what should be a time
> zone for Vietnam.

The time zone should be UTC + 7

Yes. There is (only) Sai Gon city in the time zone map.

--
Klara

Thank you for supporting.

--
С уважением
Phan Vĩnh Thịnh <teppi82 tại gmail chấm com>