Re: [opensuse-testing] Testing 12.1 Milestone 1
  • From: "Bernhard M. Wiedemann" <bernhardout@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:00:46 +0200

Am 01.06.2011 08:30, schrieb M. Edward (Ed) Borasky:
Actually, yes, I *have* been parked on the web site waiting for it to
show up! ;-) I figured there'd be an announcment, but anyway, I've got
the Gnome LiveCD downloaded and I'm building a VirtualBox guest at the
moment.

So far everything looks reasonable. GNOME 3 comes up in fallback mode,
of course, and I couldn't find a menu item for the installer. If I can't
get the real GNOME 3 to come up in VirtualBox, I'll probably dual-boot a
machine and start using 12.1 regularly to shake the desktop out.

Hi,

wanted to write about MS1 yesterday, but only found time today.
Yes, it is out 19 days after the original schedule.
http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap was adjusted for MS2 to be 2011-06-22

http://openqa.opensuse.org/results/ still shows a bunch of errors
apart from
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Most_annoying_bugs_12.1_dev

liveUSB seems broken
and 64-bit LiveCDs did not boot in KVM from yet another problem (with a
fix in the queue)

the NET installs keep asking about importing keys that should already be
trusted

overall: not too bad, but obviously improvable.

for MS2 I want to start reporting bugs earlier.

Ciao
Bernhard M.