Re: [opensuse-testing] openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 5 ready to test
  • From: Holger Sickenberg <holgi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:50:27 +0200
Hi Patrick,

[...]

in the 2nd day now for M5.

System appears a little "snappier", but *appears*.

plasma-desktop still hogs cpu after some time, time varies. I haven't
been able to pin down a particular circumstance which seem directly
related. Pushes cpu temps to ~62C and combined usage > 95% (just less
than half).

DigiKam still has no drop-down menu for "Export" function?? Bug
reported.

New YaST2 interface very clumsy. Bug reported.

Wish packman would provide 11.2 for multimedia :^(
Don't know their intended schedule.

Presently running with nVidia drivers with *very* minimal xorg.conf.
Next time I restart X, will try w/o an xorg.conf. The one I am using
was generated via "X -configure", which gives me a blank, black screen,
but works when I start X, init 5.

I installed M5 with Gnome on i586 and just found a things when I had a
quick look at it:

- Missing Window Decoration: Bug #530296
- Seamonkey + Enigmail do not display information about verified
signatures: Bug #530811
- Enigmail: No dependency to pinentry-gtk2/-qt/-qt4: Bug #530815

I guess you are right - there are no pre-compiled drivers from NVidia.
But "nv" works with one screen.

Best wishes,
Holgi