Re: [opensuse-support] A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 0 (nnnnnnnnn/2min)
In data domenica 17 marzo 2019 06:44:46 CET, Felix Miata ha scritto:
This huge reboot/shutdown delay is highly annoying. When shutdown needs to
happen, it needs to happen now, not at the whim of systemd. I haven't
figured out what triggers it, but it seems like maybe something that
happens during zypper dup related to KDM(3 or 4) or Plasma5. It doesn't
always happen. Last to happen here was on TW20190314 host big31 on first
post-dup boot. What make ps -A produce " 983 ? 00:00:00 (sd-pam)"?
What exactly is "User Manager"? Is this just happening to me?
No, to me too, in TW recently.

It happens normally if you close in one user the machine while having a second
session open. If not second user is open, it might be a regression of sddm
holding open some files of that user after he she it has been logged off.
sd-pam is the user manager for the authorizations of systemd if I am not
wrong.
A short search shows: no, definitely you are NOT the only one.

https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=sd-pam&cat=web&pl=ext-ff&language=english