Re: [opensuse-support] Where'd `man ascii` go?
On 12/02/2019 22.59, Michael Fischer wrote:
On Tue, Feb 12, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I still have:
$ rpm -q -f /usr/share/man/man7/ascii.7.gz
man-pages-4.16-2.2.noarch

Thanks. Then the problem is that the man-pages-4.16-lp150.1.1.noarch
lacks that particular page at least.

Someone wants to create a bugzilla for it? ;-)

Huh, sorry, no bugzilla needed. I sed wrong machine via ssh for testing,
the package does contain man ascii.

Well... I installed that package (thank you), and now I have a working
`man ascii`.

My next question, which the list certainly need not address, is HOW THE HECK
did 15 not install man pages...? First time in 18 years of using SuSE a
release didn't give me that package.

No, that's not it. Man pages are installed, but only those that
correspond to the installed programs. But this particular package
contains extra manuals, not necessarily from programs.

Description :
A large collection of man pages (documentation) from the Linux
Documentation Project (LDP). The man pages are organized into the
following sections: Section 1, user commands (intro only); Section 2,
system calls; Section 3, libc calls; Section 4, devices (e.g., hd, sd);
Section 5, file formats and protocols (e.g., wtmp, /etc/passwd, nfs);
Section 6, games (intro only); Section 7, conventions, macro packages,
etc. (e.g., nroff, ascii); and Section 8, system administration (intro
only).
cer@Telcontar:~>

It is an optional package.

(from openSUSE 15.0 (Legolas))