Re: [opensuse-support] screen resolution changes after switching off and on second monitor
  • From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 22:03:02 +0100
On dimanche, 10 février 2019 11.00:00 h CET Michael Hirmke wrote:
Hi Bruno,

[...]

Hi Michael, I'm doing kind of same sort of things like you.
With a Precision M7510 4k internal screen and 27" 4k external plus another
low dpi hp 24". I don't use any xrandr rules, just plain kscreen
configuration and I've setup it to say keep internal monitor off when
external is there (all the connection are handled by display port (dock and
mini-dp directly on the laptop).

This setup has really work well since months. Maybe the xrandr script is
conflicting with events captured by kscreen ?

thx for your answer, but I already tested without the xrandr script.
The result after login is the same - kscreen2 shows the desktop on the
external monitor, but switches forth and back when this monitor is
switched off and on again.
The negative side effect without xrandr is, that sddm shows the login
screen on both monitors with the resolution of the internal monitor.
I also told xrandr to leave both monitors on - with the external one as
primary monitor. That also works, but has the same side effect with
xrandr2.

Who did you tell kscreen to leave the internal monitor off, when the
external one is on?

--

Bruno Friedmann

Bye.
Michael.

I've setup it like this

http://paste.opensuse.org/view//55509909

kscreen is smart enough to remember which monitor are connected (uuid like)
and thus if I'm not at my work place the internal monitor is again active.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch