Re: [opensuse-support] Re: user disappeared

W dniu 26.01.2019 o 23:08, Christian Boltz pisze:
Hello,

Am Samstag, 26. Januar 2019, 18:00:36 CET schrieb Adam Mizerski:
I created the user and service at least month ago. It survived many
updates and reboots.

Then all I wrote was superfluous, and this is most probably unrelated to
how transactional updates work ;-)

Totally different (and much simpler) question - did you check journal or
/var/log/messages? If the user was deleted with "userdel", you should
find something about this in the log. If so, check if other events,
updates, whatever happened at the same time.

In journal - nothing suspicious (I can share some of my logs privately,
if you want). /var/log/messages? Man, I haven't seed that file in ages :)

I grepped whole /var/log with some keywords and all I found is
/var/log/audit/audit.log that contains all my useradd actions, but
nothing related to deleting freenet user (I checked by name and id).

Now I got the idea to check mtime on /etc/passwd, but I've recreated
freenet user, so that information is lost.

Regards,

Christian Boltz