Re: [opensuse-support] Where are the printer profiles?
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 13:35:20 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 24/01/2019 10.45, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

That's color management profiles - so I'd expect them to be related to
argyllcms or liblcms2-2

I can not find any other icc-profile package in YaST.

Still, no hp profiles:

Well, (one of) the idea(s) of arggyllcms is *creating* color profiles for your
devices, that's why I said 'related', not 'included'.

Supposedly they should improve photo printing :-(

Yes. The idea is that you have profiles for *all* your devices (e.g., camera,
Monitor, printer) so that the color of anything is identical on all of them.
But that is nothing global, it is really per device unit, so you need to do
this calibration yourself using proper calibration hardware (Colorimeters like
the Spyder series). And the profiles (especially for printers) really only
are useful if also (at least) the monitor is calibrated....