Re: [opensuse-support] What happened to "cloneconfig" (kernel sources make)
Hello,

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Telcontar:~ # cd /usr/src/linux
Telcontar:/usr/src/linux # make cloneconfig
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'cloneconfig'. Stop.
make: *** [Makefile:569: cloneconfig] Error 2
Telcontar:/usr/src/linux #
[..]
So, what should I use instead to get the same result? Perhaps copy
/proc/config.gz to /usr/src/linux and expand it?

Sort of.

# cd /usr/src/linux/
# zcat /proc/config.gz > .config
# make silentoldconfig

HTH,
-dnh

--
I've never understood why women douse themselves with things that
are alleged to smell of roses/tulips/freesias. What exactly are they