Re: [opensuse-support] ImageWriter

On 1/17/19 11:59 AM, Axel Braun wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2019, 17:43:05 CET schrieb Knurpht-openSUSE:
PS: Obviously my assumption, that the ISO Format should not care what is
inside the ISO, is wrong. Found a Win7SP1_pro ISO and tried to toast this
-
does not work! So you should file a bug against Imagewriter!

Cheers
Axel
Tested here too with Tumbleweed and Leap ISO's and working fine. But in the
past I've had USB sticks that needed wiping their partition table with dd
before imagewriter could write a new image properly. Replace X with the
device letter of your USB stick
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=1M count=100

        well I usually use gparted to delete the partition and reformat if necessary,

        you think dd is better?

Did not change the result in this case.