Re: [opensuse-support] ImageWriter
  • From: Axel Braun <docb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 22:56:02 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019, 19:06:15 CET schrieb Liam Proven:
On 16/01/2019 18:51, mike wrote:
Well no and the reason is that it is a windows 10 iso and I
tried like 20 minutes chatting with microsoft

FWIW I have found that it is best to use a Windows tool to write Win10
ISOs. I normally use Rufus. Several of my regular image-writing tools
for Linux failed to make bootable media: Unetbootin, plain ``dd'' etc.

I dont think an ISO cares what content it has...k3b works as last resort to
burn ISO to DVD. For Windows-Images as well.

Regarding Imagewriter, I'm not sure, but I think I remember that it toastet
ISO images to USB sticks. Will test tomorrow

Cheers
Axel