Re: [opensuse-support] ImageWriter

On 1/16/19 1:06 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
On 16/01/2019 18:51, mike wrote:
        Well no and the reason is that it is a windows 10 iso and I
tried like 20 minutes chatting with microsoft
FWIW I have found that it is best to use a Windows tool to write Win10
ISOs. I normally use Rufus. Several of my regular image-writing tools
for Linux failed to make bootable media: Unetbootin, plain ``dd'' etc.

    OK I found another tool...WoeUSB...opensuse version, simple gui...so when

    I tried to use it complains that FAT32 does not support files over 4 GB.

    However I formatted the usb as ntfs. And so I was assuming the usb would be formatted

    as to the ISO. So why would this issue arise?

    Is there a way to verify the file in linux any other way?
Not completely, no, I don't think, but could mount the image and check
the filesystem.

    I will redown it though....
Best bet, probably.