[opensuse-support] Tumbleweed - Plymouth: No splash screen on boot
Hi,

I didn't care in the past for the missing plymouth boot screen on all of
my Tumbleweed clients, but lately I installed a new notebook with an
encrpyted root partition. Now I'd like to see the splash screen and
escpecially the graphical password prompt for the encrypted root
partition.
I followed a lot of hints from the internet, but didn't succeed - no
boot splash at all. I get a splash screen during shutdown now, though.

What did I do:

- reinstalled all plymouth packages
- modfied plymouthd.conf to contain ShowDelay=0
- modified default/grub to contain "splash=silent quiet" (and various
other combinations)
- ran plymouth-set-default-theme -R <theme>
- ran grub2-mkconfig after every change
- ran mkinitrd after every change

This is a Tumbleweed installation - with all the latest snapshots.
The machine is a DELL XPS 13 9370 using the i915 graphics module.

What can I do else?

TIA.

Bye.
Michael.