Re: [opensuse-support] After upgrade to 15.0, restore from hibernation crashes the machine.
On 11/01/2019 17.43, Axel Braun wrote:
Am Freitag, 11. Januar 2019, 15:19:16 CET schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On 11/01/2019 15.02, Axel Braun wrote:
Am Freitag, 11. Januar 2019, 11:50:46 CET schrieb Carlos E. R.:
Black display, keyboard light responds initially, then not.
ssh from another machine says there is no route to machine (works
instantly
after reboot). Means that network is dead on desktop.

Does S2RAM work?
What is the video-hardware?

There is no "s2... anything.

old name for systemctl suspend....

with pm-utils.

"systemctl suspend" works, yes, but this is not a laptop, it is a
desktop computer.

Video hardware is nvidia.

thats maybe the issue, initialization of HW (or the driver) after the return
from hibernation. In the old power management one could configure hooks to
shut down the video driver and fire it up after hibernation. I guess this can
be done with systemd as well.

With pm-utils there were tricks, now, no.

And this machine with the same hardware was hibernating fine a week ago
with 42.3...

If it were the video restore, I would hope the machine to be accessible
via ssh, but no.

Just found this:

They do this:

Can you change your boot hooks to this order, then mkinit again.

"HOOKS="base udev plymouth autodetect modconf block resume filesystems
keyboard fsck""

No idea what "HOOKS" is.

(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >