[opensuse-support] Simple enabling of bluetooth activation on start
  • From: Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 18:35:47 +0200
Hi,

I'm using bluetooth mouse for a quite time and only now solved the problem
(mostly because never searched for solution seriously): bluetooth isn't
activated in SDDM (and I think other DM too) at start and became active only
after first login. SDDM just does nothing to bluetooth (which is totally ok to
me) and at start bluetooth is off. If I'll login in tty and call `bluetoothctl
power on` mouse activates as expected.

bluetoothd man isn't very helpful, as it only states there is `/etc/bluetooth/
main.conf` but has no any hint what I could write there.

Not the first time I've found solution in ArchWiki [1]. So solution is rather
simple — create directory `/etc/bluetooth` and create file main.conf there with
```
[Policy]
AutoEnable=true
```

And this works fine. Maybe would be helpful for someone too.

What I'm interested about — is there any way to add this step to YaST (and if
possible to installer)? Where is the best place for such suggestions?

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth#Auto_power-on_after_boot

--
Kind regards,
Mykola Krachkovsky