Re: [opensuse-support] LibreOffice cannot be started by normal user but no problem by root
  • From: H Zeng <zhx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 07:47:06 +0800
On Friday, 28 December 2018 20:53:02 HKT Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 28/12/2018 09.52, H Zeng wrote:
On Friday, 28 December 2018 11:14:45 HKT Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 28/12/2018 03.39, H Zeng wrote:
Install again, let's see... this time don't import any user, create new
users. If it works, you can import later.

Thx for the hint. I'll try this in the weekend.

You may create user of different name, yet same UID. The home directory
will be different, but the ownership of the old home will remain the
same.

At the install, don't remove packages from the default list, just in
case.

I just finished the installation since I got a break this afternoon. This
time I used the current snapshot 20181224. Amazingly, there is an "import
user" option available. So I tried it. Now LibreOffice starts smoothly. I
guess it's possible to solve previous problem if I know how the "import"
user process works.

Anyway, this can be closed now. Thank you very much for your times these
days.
If you imported users and LO works, the issue was not your user, it was
something in the system. Maybe there was something bad in the release.
Yeah, probably but I guess it is not important now as the new release works
well.

--

Best regards,
ZHX