Re: [opensuse-support] LibreOffice cannot be started by normal user but no problem by root
On 28/12/2018 02.19, H Zeng wrote:
On Friday, 28 December 2018 02:17:51 HKT Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 27/12/2018 16.59, H Zeng wrote:

Thank you, Carlos. Could you find anything unusual from the outputs?

No... :-(
This situation is very strange but it seems not a bug so I have not reported
it. This is far beyond my knowledge. I guess I just have to reinstall my
system again.

In the last reinstallation of openSUSE Tumbleweed, the installer did not
remind me to scan and import existing users from existing /home partition.

I believe the installer reads /etc/passwd. Maybe fstab.

skipped the user creation and create a new user with the same old username
with the old user dir as it's home dir. Do you think this could possibly be
the cause of my current issue? If yes, is there anything I can do to find out?

Well, that's why I asked you to try with a new user. A new user has a
new home, everything set at defaults, so if there was a problem with the
old user configuration or files, a new user would work. But you said it
failed, so that was not it.