Re: [opensuse-support] 15.0 Console login impossible
Felix Miata composed on 2018-12-26 23:24 (UTC-0500):

Felix Miata wrote:

Forum thread
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/533906-Leap-15-0-Console-login-problem
so far has 9 unique users, majority with few or no prior posts, with
ostensibly
the same problem:

30 posts

akarako (OP, over a month ago)
damidim
gldickens3
guszamso
hastagger
holgre5
inozemcew
juando
larryr

Regular/admin forum users have had no luck so far eliciting a cause or
reproducing. I looked for a bug on this - no joy. Does anyone know if there
is
an existing bug report that can be referenced in the forum thread? A
solution
maybe? I hesitate to consider filing a bug for something I can't reproduce.

Seems people have forgotten to use code tags ;-p
Makes reading difficult.

Seems people are using nvidia driver and kernel
4.12.14-lp150.12.25-default. Are all that have that problem using the
same combination of kernel and driver?

I found only one of the 8 after the OP to mention video driver at all (also
NVidia). Those having also tried 12.28 still have the problem.

Another thing to check is apparmor logs.

Similar current long thread (45 posts):
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/534256-Unable-to-login-to-text-terminals-System-does-not-let-me-enter-password

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/