Re: [opensuse-support] updatedb now fails for regular user with local db
  • From: Ralph <suselist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 07:27:06 -0600
On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 12:44:11 +0100
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(My guess is that you might have a backup copy of the original
profile, which gets loaded after the updated profile and replaces it.)

Well, very very good "guessing", you nailed it perfectly.

dellT3620:~> grep -r /usr/bin/updatedb /etc/apparmor.d/
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.updatedb.orig:/usr/bin/updatedb {
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.updatedb.orig: /usr/bin/updatedb mr,
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.updatedb:/usr/bin/updatedb {
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.updatedb: /usr/bin/updatedb mr,

Moving the .orig backup file elsewhere, and doing the same for
locate.orig file, then another "rcapparmor reload", and all is
seemingly back to normal, update and locate both work fine on the local
db. I guess I am going to have to change my method of naming backup
copies of edited system files :-/

Thank you very much!

Ralph