Re: [opensuse-support] swap starts being filled after upgrading to snapshot 20181116 of openSUSE Tumbleweed
On 18/11/2018 15.05, H Zeng wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have 24GB memory and 'vm.swappiness=1' enabled. But the swap space has been
used, although only a little, lately after upgrading to snapshot 20181116 of
openSUSE Tumbleweed. The swap was always empty before this. Does anyone know
the reason? What should I do to avoid using swap unnecessarily?

Here is the current memory usage,
```
cnzhx@ostp:~> free -m
total used free shared buff/cache
available
Mem: 23986 8481 1662 4897 13841
10243
Swap: 2051 5 2046
```

Instead, you can use "top", then press 'f' to choose sorting by swap
('s' to fixate, 'q' to exit to display mode).

That way you can find out if a process is using more swap than others.

However, I read from the above that it is using only 5 MB of swap, out
of a total of 2051 M. That's nothing! Mine is using 6 GB.