Re: [opensuse-support] reboot and shutdown not completing

On 10/8/18 3:06 PM, Maximilian Trummer wrote:
I just rebooted my Ryzen PC after upgrading to Tumbleweed 20181004 that brings
Linux 4.18.11 and it was way faster than before, as you would expect from this
machine and like on Windows. About 8 seconds (counted in my head so probably a
little off) from hitting Enter after typing the disk password the second time
to SDDM.
        congratulations.....that is how mine has been
Shutdown is also blazing fast now. Can you confirm this on your machine as
well?

        now here is where we differ....still having to wait 3 minutes for final

    shutdown....filled out a bug report and it was confirmed by someone

    else....waiting for someone to fix it....bug #1109029

AFAIK this fix was planned for Linux 4.19, and I could't find anything related
to this in the snapshot changelog for 20181004. Did openSUSE kernel
maintainers backport this fix?
        I'll let you know.....

regards