Re: [opensuse-support] give TW Grub-EFI menu blue background instead of black?
Andrei Borzenkov composed on 2018-10-06 10:05 (UTC+0300):

Adding

set menu_color_normal=light-gray/blue
set menu_color_highlight=white/blue

to custom.cfg certainly works on Leap 42.3 VM.

Works on TW too. :-) Instead appending them to /etc/grub.d/05_text_colors also
worked, once I figured out 'exec tail -n +3 $0' (whatever it does, from
40_custom) had to come first, and grub.cfg has been subsequently updated.

To go through what I did to find this out, and ultimately depending on you to
contribute your time, shouldn't have been necessary to this relatively simple to
apply configuration discovery.

Console size is always 80x25. Whether it takes up full screen or its
part is entirely up to BIOS (and possible video card BIOS/screen. I
suppose LCD cannot be stretched).

The screenshots in my OP were all taken on the same display using the same PC.
What changed to result in the TW menu using the same sizes as Debian's instead
of much smaller had to be something occurring during the process of purging and
reinstalling TW's Grub*. Could it be something internal to grubx64.efi?
--
Bombardier Beetle Irreducible Complexity

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/