Re: [opensuse-support] Folding@Home
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 18:15:40 +0200
Op donderdag 20 september 2018 17:46:37 CEST schreef mike:
On 9/20/18 9:35 AM, Mischa Salle wrote:
The RPM is built for (probably) CentOS6, not for (Open)SUSE. RH has a
different naming scheme, and a libssl.so.10 is therefore (most
probably) coming from an OpenSSL 1.0.1.
Unfortunately it seems they have close-sourced the client, at least
the referenced https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-client.git is no
longer open, so following the build instructions from the README.md in
the binary fahclient RPM also is no option.

Yes Misha I see a lot of solutions for other distros...many
suggest compat-libopenssl10

to get the necessary softlinks to get FAHClient running, but I
can't seem to find this in the

opensuse repositories. Does anyone know where this could be found ??

Thanks in advance......mike

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 10:08 PM Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>