Re: [opensuse-support] dracut seems to hang.
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:44:12 +0200
Op maandag 23 juli 2018 19:34:53 CEST schreef Constant Brouerius van Nidek:
During my zypper dup in order to download the latest snapshot installing
went well up to "(63/197) Installing: kernel-default-4.17.7-1.3.x86_64
..100%>[-]."

Than it stopped and has not moved an inch leaving me with an unfinished
update.
I was expecting the dracut information but that does not seem to come (one
hour now) and I will keep it in this state untill I get some help and
instructions on how to proceed.
I did see it take quite a while to finish the postinstall scripts, went for
some shopping, to find out it had finished on my return. Two packages seemed
to be involved, i.e. dbus and kernel-default.
You could force a reinstall of both to trigger the postinstall scripts.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member