Re: [opensuse-support] can't create transaction lock
* Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx> [07-20-18 22:31]:
Have since some days a problem with installing new programs or to do an
update. The main information is :

can't create transaction lock on /usr/lib/sysimage/rpm/.rpm.lock (Read-only
file system)

To solve this problem I found somebody promoting to rebuild the database.
Resulting in:

# rpm --rebuilddb
error:# rpm --rebuilddb
error: can't create transaction lock on /usr/lib/sysimage/rpm/.rpm.lock (Read-
only file system)

What is keeping me of repairing this problem. Deleting of the lock file is
not
possible even not with the force addition.
Any ideas?

maybe "Read-only file system" really means that, read-only
is your root file system read-only?