Re: [opensuse-support] TW20180712 Plasma crash before login completes painting (solved)
Felix Miata composed on 2018-07-15 05:23 (UTC-0400):

Happens on installations on two different Intel PCs, hosts ab250 and gx780.
Data
below is all from the older gx780.
Nothing in .xsession-errors & no coredump. Xorg.0.log, dmesg tail and journal
tail:
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/SUSE/Factory/xorg.0.log-TW20180712plasmacrash-gx780dm
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/SUSE/Factory/plasmacrashLogs-gx780-TW20180712.txt

Happens whether logging in from greeter (even in safe mode) or using startx.
IceWM works normally.
After deleting all KDE content from ~/.config/ no more crash, though all
settings lost.

I searched for and found no likely match on B.O.O.

The journal for the crash indicates an apparent objection to my xrandr script
in
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrd.d/, overriding the expected result. After the .config
delete, the expected results from xrandr are ignored, unlike in IceWM, which
fully obeys xrandr.

Apparently this is at least two problems. Any ideas besides filing a bug or
two
or trying to remember all the desktop settings to try to restore, on each
installation (I have several others yet to update since weeks or months)?

Another zypper dup after 'zypper rl plasma5*openSUSE' fixed gx780. :-p

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/