Re: [opensuse-support] lost content in clipboard copied from document after LibreOffice is closed
On 07/05/2018 01:54 AM, H Zeng wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody notice this? I open a word document (.docx) with LibreOffice
Writer, copy a sentence from that document, paste it inside Kate, close
Writer, then paste again. The results are the first paste works but the
second
paste has no content being pasted actually as if there is no content being
copied.

Yes, this is very *annoying* and not specific to Libreoffice. Same thing
will happen with Firefox or Thunderbird. The problem has to do with the
fact that there are multiple clipboards ('selections') used for
different purposes. And they have ownership. For lots of details,

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/139191/whats-the-difference-between-primary-selection-and-clipboard-buffer

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/ClipboardsWiki/

I would suggest installing Parcellite or similar to manage your
clipboard and make your copy/paste experience more sane.

- Adam