Re: [opensuse-support] how to activate an USB disc drive?
Constant Brouerius van Nidek composed on 2018-06-30 11:59 (UTC+00700):

From a friend I got the use of a HP USB compact DVD disc rewrite drive.
It is recognized without problem by his windows setup but at my Tumbleweed
I see no activity.

Regardless which USB port you plug into? Does it have its own power supply, or
require power from the USB port? Sometimes USB ports won't provide enough power
for a mechanical external storage device.

How can I start activating this USB device?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/