Re: [opensuse-support] KMail fails to start on Leap 15
  • From: "Knurpht@openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 14:22:24 +0200
Op dinsdag 19 juni 2018 07:52:02 CEST schreef Axel Braun:
Am 18. Juni 2018 23:07:01 MESZ schrieb "Knurpht@openSUSE"
<knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Op maandag 18 juni 2018 21:45:07 CEST schreef Axel Braun:
Hello all,

ever since I moved one machine from Leap 42.3 to 15, I encounter

issues with

high disk load and akonadi-traffic.

This morning kmail failed to start completely. Message:
The Email program encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
The error was:
Failed to fetch the resource collection.

What I tried: akonadictl vaccum/fsck - no change
backup of ~/.local/share/akonadi and ~/.config/akonadi, changing the

DB

driver in akonadiserverrc to postgres and starting again - same issue
remains

In akonadiconsole I can see that it is re-syncing all files.

Nevertheless,

kmail fails to start.

Any idea what I could try?

Yep. Is all email IMAP? If so, stop akonadi, remove the current
~/.local/
share/akonadi and start akonadi. It should rebuild the entire database.

Thats actually what I did when saying 'backup of...'
There are some pop-accounts and local ( mbox) collections

FWIW If this was a Leap 15 specific issue, some ~20 customers should
have
called. The only one that did was reporting he was amazed about not
having any
issues. Any additional repos involved?

The usual suspects like Packman

In the beginning of a new config some load might be expected. The
database and
the search indexing has to be redone.

Sure , when everything needs to be downloaded again

Cheers
Axel
Found something probably related: This morning Kontact took 100% CPU load,
note: no akonadi agents showing in top output, yet had a look at the akonadi
output and found the indexer moaning about db corruption. So, I stopped
akonadi ( and kontact ), moved ~/.local/share/akonadi/search_db , restarted
akonadi and kontact, issue gone.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member